Like most Marketing channels, Facebook has a lot of noise when you scroll through your newsfeed, that it's difficult for business pages to breakthrough and get noticed. One of the ways to reach more people is to boost the post and create paid ads that target a specific demographic based on their age, gender, location and interests. Although recently, even that option has become difficult to stand out as more businesses look to use this Facebook tool. Which is why we are here to advise you that a Facebook group is the next move your business should look to make...
A Facebook group has fantastic engagement and reach and you're guaranteed to get your updates in front of your online community in a fun connected way.
When your brand has an optimised group on Facebook with active members, it positions you as an active leader in your niche and encourages users to invest in the group more.
Take the time to get to know your group audience, which is easier to do in a group than on your website, then this will help your growth strategy.
Here is what to do if you're thinking of starting a Facebook Group:
1. Lay out goals. Just like any business venture, set some goals of what you're trying to achieve and stick to it. Are you trying to get to know your audience? Are you trying to drive more traffic to your website? Are you wanting to improve engagement?
2. Optimise your group profile. Like you would with any social media account, optimise your group so that new users can find you and find the group enticing when they do find you.
3. Tell users why your group will help them. Be clear and encourage them to join.
4. Create a community. Facebook's algorithms prioritises connections and your updates will appear first in their newsfeed.
5. Welcome each new member with a shout out post.
6. Post content regularly. Take advantage of Marketing Automation if you need too.
7. Express Exclusivity. Set your group to private and when a member joins, its up to you as the admin to approve their acceptance into the group. This creates a sense of exclusivity.
Facebook groups are a great way to get in touch with your target market, get to know them better, and build a sense of community. By taking the time to plan your group, your audience can find you quicker and engage with you more often.
For help with your Facebook Group, 1-to-1 training or Social Media Marketing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org